Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Since little brother wasn't watching the invasion of the Greek camp today, I decided to help out the Greeks. Give them a rousing speech, since they can chase out these Trojans. But I really didn't want to get too involved, lightning and water don't mix well. So I did what I could, "bustling about the battle where men win glory" and the Trojans retreated*. After this Agamemnon wants to sail back to Greece, not a good idea, seeing as the Trojans would slaughter everyone. They decide to go back to fighting, which I encourage everyone to go out with all their strength. While on Olypmus, Hera put Zeus to sleep so I could lead the Greeks into battle without being punished too badly. We were doing so well, having the Trojans run all the way back to their chariots, but then Zeus had to call me back to Olympus. Zeus then sends down Apollo to heal Hector, who was injured by Ajax, and the Greeks retreat to the ships. When the Trojans finally reach them, Hector threatens to burn them.

I did what I could, but of course the Greeks can't do anything without Achilles. Can he just give up this singing job and go back to fighting? That is what he does best. But Zeus had to wake up and pull me away, right when the Greeks could be burned and lose this war.



Image Source: http://www.troy-in-england.co.uk/trojan-war/trojan-war-1.htm

*Source: Lattimore, Richmond. "Book 14." In The Iliad;, Lines: 155-156. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1961.

No comments:

Post a Comment